24 hour access to Skillman
Skillman Library is open to students and employees of Lafayette College 24/6 the last week of classes and the week of final exams. A current Lafayette ID is required to be in the Library between the hours of 11:00 PM and 8:00 AM.
Key fob access
When the Library is open 24 hours, college-issued electronic access key fobs are required to enter the building between 11:00 PM and 8:00 AM. If you live off campus, or do not have a key fob, you will need to show your Lafayette ID to the security guard to gain entry to the building. All members of the Lafayette Community will be expected to produce their ID to the security guard if requested to do so. If you have problems with your key fob, please contact Ken Murray in Access Control at 610.330.5453 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional information about 24 hour access
- Some spaces, such as the Simon Room, will be closed at midnight.
- All circulation activity will cease at 1:00 AM (midnight on Fridays), and resume at 8:15 AM.
- All library-owned laptops must be returned before the circulation desk closes.
- Groups of two or more have priority in using group study rooms. Since group space is limited, we ask individuals to respect the needs of groups. Items left unattended in study rooms may be removed.
- The security guards will not be able to provide technical support for computers or printers, nor will they be able to check out or in any materials or equipment.
- Personal possessions left unattended are an invitation to thieves. Items recently stolen from tables, carrels and group studies include textbooks, laptops, wallets, purses, calculators, iPods and cell phones. Please take all belongings with you, even if you're just taking a short study break. Please also note that laptop locks may be checked out from the circulation desk.