Creating "preferred searches" in the Library Catalog
You can save searches in the Library Catalog and have them run regularly. You might do this, for example, to be alerted when materials by a favorite author or on a particular subject are added to our collection or to get a weekly list of books added to the Browsing Collection.
To save searches:
- Log in to your library record at http://libcat.lafayette.edu/patroninfo.
- Select "Search the Catalog."
- Perform any type of search in the catalog, and when your results are displayed, click the "Save search to preferred searches" button.
- Click the "Return to your record" button.
- Click on the "Preferred searches" link to see a list of your saved searches.
- If you would like to receive weekly email alerts when new items matching your search are added to the collection, check the "Mark for email" box and click "Update."
To create a list of books from the Browsing Collection:
- Click on "Advanced keyword" search
- Type an asterisk (*) in the search box
- Select "Browsing Collection" from the location limit box
- Click "Submit."