Access library resources from off-campus
No matter where on earth your summer travels take you, remember that you can access library resources from off-campus using your Lafayette network ID and password. Just begin your search from the library web site, with its Lafayette-specific URLs. When you try to access subscription resources, you'll then be prompted to log in with your network ID and password (the same credentials that you use to access your email).
If you're using Google Scholar off-campus, set your "scholar preferences" so that you can use WebBridge to connect to resources that the Lafayette Library subscribes to. To enable WebBridge in Google Scholar follow these steps:
- Go to Google Scholar at http://scholar.google.com/.
- Click on "Settings" in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- Click on "Library Links" in the menu on the left.
- Type "Lafayette College" in the search box.
- Check the box marked "Lafayette College - Lafayette WebBridge" and select Save.
When you have completed these steps, you should see "Lafayette WebBridge" links appear below or to the right of many of your search results in Google Scholar. Please note that you will still be prompted for your Network ID and password when accessing subscription resources from off-campus.